Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stress! (NaBloPoMo #19)

Stress is starting to build up! It doesn't help your last few weeks of school, when everything is due at the same time, when your family apparently doesn't give a crap about you or your time. Yes I realize that people think that All I do with my life is play around and write stuff that does absolutely nothing for me but that is only because I know, if someone comes into my room, I will get nothing productive done so i switch to something else.
Today for example, I was just starting to watch a video that I needed to answer questions on when Kim walks in trying to find something to do while she takes a break from her homework. She asks me what I'm doing and I tell her I'm doing school. Now, if this had happened the other way around I would have left because, it's school, no one wants to do it in the first place so once you are doing it you just want to get it over with. But, no. Kim sits down on my bed and proceeds to tell me the list of school work that she has gotten done and still needs to do and how stressed she is. Seriously? You think I am not stressed too? I have more finals than you do and I have projects and things on top of that.
I realize that she has a lot of papers and things due super soon and I sympathize and i feel bad and I try to listen patiently while she complains. But I feel like if I do that for you I should get at least half of that in return even if you think you are more stressed out than me!
Of course I am probably wrong, I usually am on these things, and if I brought it up it would just end up being a fight about who is the most stressed which would get us nowhere. I honestly cannot wait until I can move out. I have basically made up my mind that I am going to start applying for a second job next semester. I want to be left alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment