Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Attitude Adjustment (NaBloPoMo #15)

I'm assuming my newest challenge, as per God, is to work on having a good attitude even when I am not especially happy. After my cooking experiments did not work too well last night i was just frustrated and annoyed and in a generally bad mood and that mood transfered to this morning when Kim was annoying me a little bit and then having to rush around to shop. It also didn't help much that I just didn't want to be in a good mood, I wanted to have my little pity party. But, when I noticed I was starting to take my annoyance out on my mom I stopped and prayed for the strength to find a good attitude, and it kind of worked.

Then comes time to go to the studio. I have to stay late at the studio, or at least later than normal cause mom is taking the day off. I dont really mind, it's not a big deal. What was actually annoying me once we got there was Jessica and her dogs. They are adorable (Other than the fact that one of them has really bad gas, which I currently smell like :-() but they are so out of control.

One of the things that I can't stand with dogs and dog owners is when the owner keeps repeating a command (like 'sit'), over and over again. I am also not fond of forcing a dog to do what you want more than the first time or two or else you are rewarding the dog for something they didn't even do. Anyway, Jessica is not especially good at disciplining her kids so I dont know why I thought she would be any better at training two dogs. They are all over the place and constantly fighting to find out who is the alpha.

Jessica is convinced that as long as she shows them that she is the alpha there wont be a problem because thats how it worked with her last dog. But, her last dog was an only child, so to speak, now she has two sister. Another problem with her theory is that she isn't showing them that she is supposed to be the alpha. I don't even especially believe in the whole alpha dog thing, but if I did, she is doing it all wrong. They drag her every which way on the leash and do whatever the hell they please. If she is even trying to be alpha, she is doing a horrible job. I wish I could try and train them. Which I might see if she will let me do that over the summer. She want's to get another girl we know to train them but she does agility training and they kind of need some obedience training first so I'll see what I can do :-)

Anyways, I got off track, because of how annoying she and her dogs were being, I was starting to get really annoyed and I just couldn't wait until she left. I have now checked myself and am in a much better mood but i wish I could have thought of it earlier so that I could have tried to adjust while still being annoyed but, oh well, baby staps right?

No comments:

Post a Comment