Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sleep Is Not Productive But It Is Oh So Nice. (NaBloPoMo #17)

After that long sleepover that I actually didn't enjoy, I normally dread going and then have a pretty good time but that didn't happen this time, I was exhausted. My previous experience with sleepovers is that I get really tired after them but I stay awake all day and then just sleep real well the next night. I guess that was not on the schedule for this time.

I made it through church and it wasn't too bad, I ate lunch and started being somewhat productive. And then Kim comes in, we talk about a lot of random stuff, end up getting in a teeny weeny fight (We were both really tired and later apologized), and then I am left laying on my bed . . . bad idea. I fall asleep and don't wake up until it's time to go back to church, if I got up immediately. That didn't happen and although I was planning on getting up and being productive some more, I fell asleep . . . until mom and Kim came back from church. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my day. Not that it wasn't nice or anything, I just had a lot of things that I wanted to get done.

In other news, Gem almost got murdered today. After the sleep over she decided that she was too tired to go to church. That was annoying in the first place but her reasoning was just the icing on the cake. "I'm just too tired, I wont want to talk to any of the kids, you wouldn't want me at a party if I was going to be this tired." Really? For one, the three other people at the sleep over, who slept the same amount as you all went to church. Two, you are saying that you cant put some sleep deprivation aside in order to talk to some fifth and sixth graders for an hour? I think that says a lot about how much you actually care about these kids. And last, not to say Club 56 isn't fun but comparing it to a party? Really? This is your commitment, not a weekend fling. Show some loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment