Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Competition (NaBloPoMo #9)

I am starting to get the feeling that my friend is crushing on my crush . . . Which is ok with me, generally, but it does make me feel a little threatened.
So my friend . . . lets call her Priscilla (:-P), was texting me on Thursday . . . or it was Friday afternoon, I cant remember. We were talking about the meeting and she invited me to hang out with her, and a few of the teenage/college people who were going on the trip, after the meeting. This group was supposed to include my crush . . . Let's call him Connor . . . so initially I was like, "Yeah, sure I'll go." and then the first weird thing happened, Priscilla says "Well we are going to be staying out pretty late . . ." I was assuming that anyway but then as I thought about it more, I remembered that I would have to get up early and decided not to go.
Priscilla made fun of me a little but I thought it was kind of strange that she would invite me and then seem to try to get me to back out. But, whatever.
Then, today I asked her if she had fun hanging out with everyone and she went off telling me that it was ok but Connor ditched and it made her feel bad about herself and went off on a little pity party, which I thought was strange because even if I like a guy, I am not going to feel bad about myself if he ditches hanging out with a group of people that I am included in. And, I definately wouldn't feel bad about myself if I wasn't crushing on the guy.
Those incidents, along with a conversation we had a while ago about me not being upset that she, Connor and some other guy had hung out after the last meeting that I couldn't go to, make me start to suspect that she likes him too.
I think this upsets her more than it does me cause my thoughts are that you like who you like and guys like who they like. Just cause I like a guy and you hide your feelings about a guy doesn't make it anymore likely that he will decide to ask me out or whatever. I find that "Girl Code" dibs type system retarded. Girls can like the same guy and it is his choice who he is going to pay attention to.
The only reason I feel a little threatened by this is because I am a very shy person and she is not. I'm scared that he will end up liking her instead of me but in the end, what happens happens. Priscilla is pretty and gets hit on a lot. I guess just because she might like him now doesn't make him anymore likely to like her. She would be more outgoing than me in any case. I guess I am also now afraid that if she likes him and he asks me out, she might be upset. . . I don't know, I might be reading to far into this, like I do often. I should just ignore it and go to bed.
Good night, hopefully this all works out in the end. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment