Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Humility (NaBloPoMo #10)

I don't know exactly why I'm writing on this subject other than for the fact that I have laughed a few times in the past week because of people's lack of humility. Dont get me wrong, it's good to be proud of the things you do and who you are but recently I have seen that taken to the extremes. I'm not sure if it has really become more contagious than normal or if I am just noticing it more than normal.
This week I have either heard or read (Texting or message boards) comments like:
"Thanks to my overly caring and grnerous nature"
"Well, I'm going to be there and thats the main reason he would go."
And theses comments were in all seriousness!
How do you even let something like that come out of your mouth, or worse, how do you press the send button when you have to type it out? Isn't there a filter in people's heads that tells them, "I will come off looking like a pretentious snob if I say this."? Maybe they have a filter and they just decided that the filter was broken . . .
Well that was my little rant for the day, I should go get other things done so I can go to sleep :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment