Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2009

So for SMI we have to learn a bible verse every week and then write it down and we get graded on how well we did. You have to get 80% to pass or else you have to take it again which isnt a big deal its just annoying cause most of the verses we do we have been reciting since preschool.
I knew this weeks verse, I still know it

Matthew 22:37-38

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment.

I swear I will never again forget the 'and' between 'all your heart AND with all your soul.' Wanna know why? They took 20 pointes off for missing it! Yeah, I know, I got the 80% and passed but still 20 points off for forgetting an 'AND'!!! Seriously! And to add insult to injury, my friend missed five words (That were actually important to the meaning of the verse) and she got a 70%! She got marked off 6 points per word (Yes, I am so pissed I did the math) and I got off 20! Think about it, is 'and' really that important to this verse? No, you could take out two of the three 'and's and still have a perfectly meaningful, not to mention easier to remember, verse!

No comments:

Post a Comment