Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

Math sucks. Counselors suck. School sucks.
I went to a career counselor today to see if she could help me decide what I wanted to do with my life and possibly what math class I would need for that and you wanna know what I came up with? NOTHING! She told me I should go take this class called 'career exploration' to find out what I wanna do but I need to be taking the math class at the same time so I was stuck at the same place with which math class to go into. Of course that was before my family got into it. Now, I love my family they are awesome but sometimes I wish they wouldn't keep their opinions to themselves. Today I got arguments for and against each math class plus a speech about how it doesn't matter what class I decide on because they both work. That was not what I wanted to hear. I wanted someone to say 'there are 10 reasons to take this class and only 2 for the other, you should take this one.' Bu no everyone has to tell me that it's all my choice.
I feel like its the same as saying 'Its all your choice if you want to screw up and waste money on a lower level class. That's perfectly fine cause it will be your screw up not ours.'

Pros for MAT 151
-Almost no chance of having to take another math class
-I have a math whiz dad and a sister who has already taken the class

Cons for MAT 151
-I wouldn't feel comfortable and would probably put up a concrete/bullet-proof/diamond/any other extremely hard substance wall against any form of math
-I might not actually need it

Pros for MAT 142
-I would feel more comfortable
-I have a math whiz dad and a sister who has been through a higher level math class
-Less chance of a brain block (Or, at least, not as strong a brain block.)

Cons for MAT 142
-It's not practical cause I might need another math class later on

Does anyone else notice that I would rather go to MAT 142. Well I would but ITS NOT PRACTICAL! That's my problem with most things I want to do. They aren't practical. If they aren't practical why do them? Argh! I'm still not any closer to making a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment