Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Stress'll Do That

Aren't best friends that you've known all your life supposed to be supportive and understanding? I've learned recently that apparently they aren't. I've also learned that if you go to college it's not a real school cause it's not mandatory. All of this I learned from my best friend.
I go to college for school even though I'm supposed to be in high school cause I've been home schooled practically my whole life and my friend has been making fun of me forever which I don't mind cause I'm used to jokes and stuff cause my family has a kind of twisted sense of humor. But lately she has really gotten on my nerves cause she says stuff about how she goes to Public School. (I went to a charter school for a few weeks in Jr. High.) And how no school is a real school unless it's public and finally I got upset because she was saying something about how she has it harder cause she goes to a real school cause she goes to public school and I had had enough so I was like "Oh wow, I go to a public school." Which I do. It's a public community college. And then she has the nerve to tell me that college isn't a real school. By this point I am so close to livid so I just say it back to her as a question. "College isn't real school?" And I think it was either my anger or her horrible word choice that she realized and she covered up by saying that it wasn't real school cause it wasn't mandatory. I swear to you, if we hadn't been in the middle of church I would have probably cussed which I practically never do.
What the heck does she mean college isn't mandatory, at least for me?!?!?!?! Right now everyone including members of my own family think I'm an idiot and I'm not socially adjusted and that I can't learn anything cause I was home schooled. When I get my AA this December that is going to be the first thing that acknowledges that I can think and that I'm not stupid. I have to go to college right now.
I have enough crap piling up against me. I have enough people against me. I don't need my best friend to be one of those people. I need someone to understand that I need something that says I'm not stupid because there are plenty of people who think I am. And I need this degree to make everyone see my mom isn't an idiot either for homeschooling me and my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment