Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Bad Weekend

My weekend has not been fun. I love my family and all but not so much as to have wanted them over for the weekend. But, family tends not to do what you want them to do so on a weekend that I really just wanna be alone, my house is taken over my my nephews who live in the middle of nowhere so we don't see them much. It probably wouldn't have been so bad if they were a little closer in age but no, one is 10 or 11 (Again they live in the middle of nowhere and I don't see them often) and the other is somewhere around a year old.
The 10-11 year old, having been an only child for 10-11 years of his life, is in constant need of a buddy to play with. (When I want to be alone) And the 1 year old, having been spoiled for his whole year-or-so long life is also in need of constant attention. The one year old also has medical problems that his mother has blown way out of proportion which means he is attached, 24/7, to an IV pole that holds a bag of formula that he is fed through a tube in his nose cause he has acid reflux. (In other words, he spit up and then got a cold or something which lead to a sore throat which lead to the conclusion that he has acid reflux and needs a feeding tube.) So obviously Kim and I don't want to be responsible for a spoiled 1 year old baby attached to a pole so we end up with the 10-11 year old. Don't get me wrong, I love Brandon (the 10-11 year old), but, again, I wanted to be left alone. Needless to say that didn't happen.
Then, add to that the fact that I went to sleep at 3 the morning before they arrived, I had to get up at 7 the next morning, I hadn't gotten much sleep the whole week before they showed up, and I have been stressing about the recital (Which is this weekend) and about the intensive (Which I leave for in less than a month and wont have enough money for so I'm going to be in debt all summer.) This weekend was not the best idea.
But wait, there's more. Brandon ends up taking over the TV room so I cant even vege out. And today, when they are supposed to be picked up we were told that their parents were gonna come get them sometime in the afternoon. Apparently, afternoon includes 8 o'clock at night because that's when they showed up. I love my family I want to spend time with them but we aren't a babysitting service. If you say you are going to pick them up around some time, pick them up then!

No comments:

Post a Comment